Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Day at the State VBS Clinic

In April, I will be leading a workshop for VBS Kindergarten teachers for our Baptist association.  This is my first year to lead something like this at the associational level.  I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.  All day Wednesday was spent preparing preparing for that.  I really enjoyed my time at the State VBS Clinic, and wanted to share some of the sights with you! 

(By the way: Lifeway's theme this year: Amazing Wonders Aviation!)


First off, was the Worship Rally~of course. 
But...this worship rally was with Jeff Slaughter himself!!! (You may not know who this is ---he is a bit of a Baptist celebrity, or at least a VBS celebrity.)  It was really neat to have him actually lead our worship.  Sadly, this is his last year.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to met the man who has had an impact on so many children.

A skit

In my first training class.  (We made paper airplanes, too!)

We made Sparkling Aurora Borealis Cookies in Preschool Snacks.

Volcanoes! 

I just loved the addition of the colored Christmas tree lights, 3D tree, and "snow" to this poster.

Check out the view finder (made from a Zaxby's take out container) and the "sand" (spraypainted paper)!


Now it's time for me to get BUSY preparing for my class! 
I Love VBS!!!







No comments: