Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Planning Ahead for Advent

       Advent officially begins Sunday, December 2nd this year.  Last year our family started the tradition of reading an Advent story series written by Arnold Ytreeide.  I only purchased the first book (Jotham's Journey), because I wasn't sure our family would like it.  Well...we LOVED the book. It became one of our favorite parts of Christmastime.  Since we enjoyed the book so much last year, I went ahead and ordered the next two in the series from HERE.  To our delight, they arrived yesterday. 
     I look forward to sitting by candlelight each evening with my boys as my husband reads a chapter from Bartholomew's Passage.  There are  12 days until Advent begins.  How will your family celebrate Advent this year? 
 


1 comment:

kewkew said...

I have never heard of those books. I am going to have to look into them. Thanks for sharing.