Home Education~Ministry Moments~Hearth and Home

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Eat-in Kitchen Re-do

      I haven't shared in a while the updates we have made to our new-to-us home.  Today I want to share my almost completed eat-in kitchen.  There were a few details I wanted to finish before sharing...a few got finished, a few have not.  I thought I'd share anyway!

This is the BEFORE picture.  Two things I loved about this room when we first looked at our house: the great wood floors and the cute retro (truly retro) chandelier. 

About one hour after signing the papers...I set to work! 

Already feels better!

See?  Chandeliers are making a comeback....I just happen to have one from the 60's that's hip again! 

AFTER picture...I added gray beige paint to the top and white to all the trim and lower half.  Painting the windows was a bear...but love how it feels in the room now!  My theme for the room is French Country Bistro/Coffee/Bakery shop.  That will hopefully all jive together when the entire kitchen is done.
One of my projects for the room was to get this chair painted.  It has been in the family for years.  It belonged to my Mammaw.  This chair makes a perfect stepping stool for me around the kitchen. 

How about some delicious coffee colored paint?  I got if FREE with a coupon!


Voila!  (Notice the unpainted cabinet nearby...yuck.  Gonna paint those white!)

I recently added some fall decor. (I love having woods near our home!)  No, our new home is not crooked.  Just my picture-taking ability!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great! You've been working hard!!